Do your clothes take longer than 30 minutes to dry for a normal load?
And does your clothes dryer get warm (or hot) to the touch while it is running?
There's nothing wrong with your dryer, it's your dryer vent that is probably clogged and needs to be cleaned out.
Why should you clean your dryer vent?
There are several great reasons:
1. A clothes dryer can catch fire. Consumer Product Safety Commission says that in the U.S. in the year 2000, there were 12,700 clothes dryer fires resulting in $99,400,000 (that's 99 MILLION dollars) in damages, 330 injuries, and 20 lives lost. A clogged dryer vent adds to this risk. The lint is highly flammable and the reduction of air flow increases temperatures
2. Save on your utility bill with reduced drying time.
3. Replace your clothes dryer less often. The wear and tear on your clothes dryer will be lessened due to the reduced usage.
4. Create more time to spend on activities other that tending the laundry.
You now know that you need to have your dryer vent cleaned, but you are uneasy calling an unfamiliar company from the phone book to come out.
Will they do a good job?
Will they over-charge you?
Will they invent an expensive repair that is ‘necessary’?
Will they try to scare you into paying for more services?
Will they break something?
Will the technician be qualified?
Will the technician be messy?
Will the technician be creepy?
If you are a do-it-yourself-er, you can complete this task on your own. The tools that you will need can be bought specifically for the job, or you can use what you have around the house.
Is there a way for me to learn how to clean my dryer vent?
Yes. There is a manual that you can download today that walks you through the process in a step-by-step, easy to understand method.
The manual covers the most frequent dryer exhaust systems, as well as some of the more unusual.
To view the Table of Contents, click here.
In this manual you will learn:
- Short cuts to getting the job done right the first time, saving you time the long run.
- The type of duct that can NEVER be safely cleaned and how to identify it. This duct is already a fire hazard, and if cleaned, can cause an even greater fire hazard. If your home has this kind of duct, your homebuilder ignored the building codes, at YOUR peril.
- How another breach of the building codes can cause your dryer to work 50% harder and break down in 2/3 of the time that it would if the codes had been followed. If your home has this kind of duct, your homebuilder ignored the building codes, at YOUR expense.
- It will teach you how to clear a clogged dryer vent...how to quickly break up a clog. Do this wrong, and you can make matters worse! Clogs are easily compressed into a tight wedge of lint. How you clean them out can make the job go quickly, or make matters worse!
- The home-made tools that are used by many, and are lost in the duct-work on a regular basis. I know, because I am called to fish them out, and it costs the homeowner 2-5 times the price of my regular clean out!
- An easy tip on removing those prickly fiberglass particles that stick in you while working in the attic.
- Ways to keep your clothes dryer running at maximum efficiency.
- What to look for in a repair person if you don’t want to handle this yourself.
There is no other manual available to the public that goes into this kind of detail! There is also no professional support like the kind that this manual offers. See the next question that addresses this.
So what if your dryer exhaust system problem is not addressed in this manual?
All manual buyers can call and get personal instructions based on your situation! The manual contains a phone number to our office and you can speak with a Certified Dryer Exhaust Technician about your issues.
We will get your issue resolved!
For just $24.95 you can order the manual now, once your transaction is complete, click the "Return to Dryer Vent Cleaners of America link and your manual will be downloaded in zip format. You can be cleaning out your own dryer vent today! The manual is in the form of a pdf zip file, so everyone can save it, view it, print it out, and use it as a reference for future cleanings.
You can use your major credit card or PayPal.
We offer a 60 day unconditional money back guarantee that you will be able to reduce your clothes drying time by cleaning out your own dryer vent.
We offer a 2 year conditional guarantee that if you follow the instructions in the manual and your clothes drying time does not reduce to 45 minutes or less for an average load of laundry, we will refund your purchase price.
Who wrote this manual and what are her credentials?
The manual was written by Alisa LeSueur, a Certified Dryer Exhaust Technician (CDET). Alisa cleaned her first dryer vent in 1998 when she owned "All Texas Top Hatters" which was an air duct cleaning and chimney sweep service headquartered in San Antonio, TX. She has since decided to focus on the dryer exhaust cleaning service exclusively and has started the Dryer Vent Cleaners of America, which teaches professionals from around the world how to properly clean and service clothes dryer vents for home owners and business owners who require this service.
The Certified Dryer Exhaust Technician program is a national certification and is awarded by the Chimney Safety Institute of America (CSIA) as part of their venting professionals' training responsibility. Alisa has had her CDET since the program was first offered. Her national certification badge number is 14.
Dryer Vent Cleaning in San Antonio